Type in your email address below to follow my blog.. in your email!

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Bad baby!

False alarms!

I'm going to warn you, I'm going to talk about personal lady parts and yucky stuff. So here is the clean version: Tuesday I thought I was slowly leaking amniotic fluid, got checked- nope. Wednesday after lunch I started having very painful consistent contractions- when I got to the office they stopped. I was in "false labor". It's Wednesday night. I'm taking Thursday and maybe Friday off of work to relax and see if I go into real labor.
OK STOP READING NOW IF YOU DON'T WANT THE GORY DETAILS.


Seriously.


It's detailed.


I've warned you enough.


So a few years ago I had some abnormal cells removed from my cervix. No big deal. I haven't had any issues since (I've had 2 years of normal paps). Unfortunately, an unforeseen side effect was scar tissue. When my OB did my internal exam two weeks ago, she said I was 50% effaced (cervix was thinned), but no dilation. She also felt scar tissue, but didn't know what to make of it yet.

Last week, I was almost 100% effaced, but no dilation because of the scar tissue. She tried to poke through and break up the scar tissue, but she was unable to penetrate the scar tissue barrier. She said it would probably delay dilation- and when I do dilate, it will happen rapidly and may be painful.

So now we are at this week. Tuesday after lunch, I noticed a change in my Netherlands- an extremely painful vagina (not in my pelvis, not in my back, in my true lady parts). A pain I had not experienced before. And I was leaky - clear fluid. Not sure what or where it was coming from. So I waddled into the office. They checked the pH, and my "water" had not broken. Awesome. Look like an idiot in the office.

Well then there's Wednesday. After lunch- consistent contractions 8 min apart for an hour. Painful, take my breath away. Waddle into the office again. Lay down on the table, get monitors strapped on my belly (which JR says looks fake)... babies HR looks great, but there were no contractions. I was only experiencing contractions when I was up moving around. False labor. Awesome. Look like an idiot in the office - again!!!!

She did an internal exam and can tell the scar tissue is very thin, but she couldn't break through it quite yet. She said it should happen soon. Underneath she can tell the cervix is about 2cm open, but can't label it as "dilated" because of the stupid scar tissue.

Induction is set for 10-30, and will likely keep it scheduled for that day. Because of the stupid scar tissue, she doesn't want to risk a failed induction (if they can't break the scar tissue and then have to do a c-section). She would rather push it back as much as possible. Awesome!

Hopefully BR will come soon, because I am uncomfortable. Any time I go to the bathroom I have a contraction. Any time I stand, I have a contraction. Any time I move, I have a contraction. False labor. Amazing. :-/

Taking off work Thursday and maybe Friday... will hopefully help me relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment