Type in your email address below to follow my blog.. in your email!

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Update on the helmet

Cadence has been wearing the helmet for six weeks. We went back for our second scan, and things are looking great! She is filling out in the helmet, and it is doing everything that it is supposed to be doing! Growth has been facilitated where there was flatness, and has held steady the growth in other areas.

It is amazing to see the improvements! You may not be able to see it in these pictures, but in three-dimensions it makes a major difference.

BEFORE:

AT SIX WEEKS:



So he wants us to continue wearing and have a follow-up in three more weeks. He gave us the okay to take the helmet off when we are on the beach in a few weeks (we will obviously still wear the helmet inside the beach house, but take it off on the sand!!!) :)

I am so pleased with the progression and the shape of her little head (well, okay it's in the 98th percentile, so her BIG head). But when you take the helmet off, her head looks so tiny. I would do this again 100% with no hesitation: it has made such a large difference in her head shape and symmetry of her face/forehead/ears.

Yes people stare. Yes people ask questions. Yes, sometimes it can be frustrating when I just want to put a pretty bow in her hair and that big pink helmet has to go on instead- but it just makes me smile inside to know that I'm doing everything I can for my little sweet pea and what a good thing to brag about: I'm a P.T. and my baby has used two orthotic devices before her first birthday! It also makes those non-helmet moments extra special... the moment when she snuggles up her head against my skin or the moment when daddy comes and sneaks a kiss while we are waiting for the helmet to be clean and dry at night.



Love sweet pea (aka. stink-head). :)

Posted via DraftCraft app

No comments:

Post a Comment